Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is connected with stashing and/or sharing given web content on a server managed by a hosting vendor. There are various varieties of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's have a gaze at these. Doing so, you can choose what you want, depending on whether you wish to own a weblog, email box accounts, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by various hosts, which allows you to share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting plans are frequently supported by exhibiting ads next to the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a certain interval of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely unsuitable interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would distribute the workload between autonomous stacks of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous web site hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a brand of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given providers provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting brand is suitable if you desire to share a great amount of pictures with pals or associates since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your email address accounts. Some companies offer web page hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an email service. If you would like to manage an email address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can set up mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a certain amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video files and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video file will permit you to manage as many video clips as you would like without worrying about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to own a site. To a certain extent, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and mail addresses, upload video clips, etc. At Virtual Prime Location, for instance, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one place. There may be limits depending on the type of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web space hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for particular content solely.